Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Spanish RIce

I LOVE mexican food! I HATE buying pre-packaged food. That being said I have had a hard time trying to find a good spanish rice recipe that is easy and delicious. I decided one day to google Acapulco cheater rice recipes. I am sorry I am not sure where I found this recipe but I yet to follow the real recipe. Here is my version of the cheater recipe. I hope you like it!
1/2 an onion diced ( I have used a yellow and a purple one)
2 cups long grain white rice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 tbsp chopped parsley (sometimes I add sometimes I don't)
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 dash cumin
1 tsp salt
1 dash of fresh ground pepper

Saute the onion and rice with the olive oil until rice browns and onion becomes soft, about 6-10 minutes, stirring constantly. Put in a casserole dish.

In a large saucepan combine broth, can of tomatoes, parsley, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Pour over rice and onions. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes or until rice is fluffy. Fluff with a fork and serve. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment